What is an Artists’ Residency at Lisboa Social Press?
Artists residencies are a wonderful way for creatives to
diversify the environments in which they work, take on new
perspectives and help break away from bad habits
and periods of creative block.
What we are offering:
● A unique opportunity for artists to come to Lisbon and
develop their practice through a short term residency
(Minimum 2 weeks - Maximum 6 weeks).
● The use of a studio space within the atelier
with 24 hour access and kitchen facilities.
● On hand support and scheduled critiques with the curatorial team at LSP in order to assist the development of the residents project as it progresses.
● Immersion in Lisbon’s creative scene; the city is alive with
exhibition openings, street art, creative happenings and
music venues. Before the participants stay we will
provide information of these experiences along with lists of contemporary,
alternative and established galleries to explore.● Lists of restaurants and local amenities/ art and supply shops.
● Access to equipment available in the studio including a projector, digital SLR, printing press and accompanying materials.
Logistical support and the relevant contacts for studios that might be necessary for the realisation of art forms unavailable at the atelier, such as silk-screen printing and risograph.
● An open studio exhibition, co-curated and installed by Lisboa Social Press at the end of the artists residency. This will consist of a publicised opening, giving the artist an opportunity to
get feedback on their completed proposal, expand their C.V and document their work.
We are able to provide residents with a room in an apartment in the historic Graça/ Penha de França district of Lisbon, roughly a 20 minute walk from the studio.
You will be staying with friends of Lisboa Social Press, Ruby and Diogo along with their dog, Bobbie.
The rental for this accommodation is 120€ per week.
Residents may also find their own accommodation should they wish.
For further information and to receive a PDF brochure with further details of our residency programme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Saturday 2 January 2021 at 23:00h
Deadline: Sunday 28 July 2019 at 12:00h
Type: offering / offering
Deadline: Saturday 12 December 2020 at 23:59h
Deadline: Tuesday 22 December 2020 at 12:00h
by Nesta Italia
Deadline: Monday 30 November 2020 at 00:00h