EXHIBITION, CONCERT, READING, STREET ACTIVITY, PARTY, PERFORMANCE, THEATRE PIECE, LECTURE, SCREENING, ETC.
JOB, WORKSHOP, INTERNSHIP, COLLABORATION PROJECTS, JOINING A BAND, RESIDENCY, WANTED PROFESSIONAL, ETC.
ARTWORK, PIECE OF MUSIC, VIDEO, PIECE OF POETRY, ILLUSTRATION, SERIES OF PHOTOGRAPHS, CORPORATE DESIGN, ETC.
ZUKUNFTSVISIONEN2019 - Festival of contemporary art (24th May – 01st June 2019)
ZUKUNFTSVISIONEN2019 - Festival of Contemporary Arts is looking for participating artists!
Application period: 18th Jan – 19th Mar 2019
Since 2007 the ZUKUNFTSVISIONEN Festival (ZuVi) has been established at the Polish-German border in the town of Görlitz. Each year, it is organised by a team of dedicated, creative and courageous volunteers. The festival has intentionally picked the issue of local vacancies as its central topic and is hence annually being held in a vacant building, to point out the potential hiding in abandoned buildings. It offers a platform for regional as well as international artists of the contemporary arts scene. This call for entries is directed at established as well as upcoming artists still at the beginning of their careers. During the festival week, the exhibition is framed by a versatile program of side events. We are aiming to create a place of encounter. A place free of prejudice, for creative production and multicultural exchange.
Motto „Threadless“ (german version: „FadenLos“)
This year’s ZUKUNFTSVISIONEN (Future Visions) centres on the motto “Threadless”. The play on words creates a discourse on coincidence, conscious decisions and the random events that determine our fate and future. “How do we imagine our lives? What paths should we persue?” are incredibly difficult questions to answer. It is impossible to know how our decisions will affect us.
APPLICATION AND CONTENTS
- may belong to the following categories: painting, drawing, graphics, photography, plastic, sculpture, street art, installations, media- and action art.
- A maximum of 5 pieces of work per artist or group can be submitted with the application.
- Each work should be submitted with up to 3 images, sketches or photos and an artist’s statement.
- One film may be submitted per application
- Applications do only take place in the following online form: https://podio.com/webforms/22169576/1554995
SELECTION AND SELECTION PROCEDURE
A jury with five members consisting of art scholars, gallery owners and fine arts teachers will decide over the exhibiting artists.
The jury meeting will be from the 22th – 24th Mar 2019.
The applications received will be prepared in such a way that an anonymous selection can take place. After the selection, we will give you feedback as soon as possible.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
Everyone can apply – individual artists, art collectives and groups of artists as well. Not only established, also aspiring artists from the surroundings of Görlitz as well as international.
Why you should apply?
- choosen artist will be shown in the this years´ festival catalogue
- choosen artist have the opportunity to exhibit their works in a unique atmosphere
- choosen artist are invited to visit us in Görlitz and to have an interesting and exciting week with the other choosen artist, the team ans the audience
facebook.com/Zukunftsvisionen // www.zuvi-festival.de
We look forward to receiving your applications!
Opportunity by Zukunftsvisionen
Opportunity by Zukunftsvisionen
Deadline: Saturday 2 January 2021 at 23:00h
Type: offering / offering
Deadline: Sunday 28 July 2019 at 12:00h
Deadline: Sunday 17 March 2019 at 23:59h