Sunday 4 October 12 - 5pm
May Fair Hotel, Stratton St, W1J 8LT
Mayfair Art Weekend, the annual celebration of the world’s internationally renowned gallery district, will take place this autumn from Friday 2 – Sunday 4 October 2020. This year Mayfair Art Weekend will launch with the celebrated Gallery HOP! on the opening night when galleries stay open until 8pm. The new and extended programme of events throughout October include the inaugural: Mayfair Sculpture Trail, May Fair Showreel and Mayfair Gallery Publication Award.
On Sunday 4 October, the Inaugural May Fair Art Weekend Showreel will be dedicated to the work of moving image artists.
We are delighted to be partnering with The May Fair Hotel for this event, where visitors will be able to view the selection of moving image artworks at the highest quality and in extreme comfort in their May Fair Theatre space.
This inaugural event will not only be an opportunity for Mayfair galleries to screen artist moving image artworks, but is the first time artists not represented in Mayfair will be able to nominate their artworks for inclusion in any of the Mayfair Art Weekend programme.
A panel of Mayfair gallerists will select works from an open call throughout September to develop a screening schedule in May Fair Theatre, which will be detailed on the Mayfair Art Weekend website on 29 September.
- The nominated artwork must not be more than 10 minutes duration
- A link to view the artwork must be provided - a higher resolution file will be requested if selected
- The artwork must be your own and by replying to this open call you give permission for it to be screened in public
- A modest screening fee will be given to the artist selected for the screening
- The artist must not already be represented by a Mayfair gallery
- The works must have been created in or since 2015
- The artwork must fit into one of these three themes:
1. Place + Environment
3. Dystopian / Futuristic
Please send the following details to email@example.com with the subject "MAY FAIR SHOWREEL APPLICATION"
Name of Gallery (if represented by a gallery):
Artist Bio (50 words):
Artwork title and length:
Artwork details (50 words):
Vimeo or other link to view artwork:
Website (if available):
Which of the above criteria does your artwork fit into:
Deadline: Saturday 2 January 2021 at 23:00h
Deadline: Sunday 28 July 2019 at 12:00h
Type: searching / searching
Deadline: Monday 19 October 2020 at 23:59h