Connect, an international programme is launched in collaboration with The Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia, as a platform to foster experimentation in the arts in connection with fundamental science. Over the next four years, a series of fully-funded artistic residency opportunities will be announced to take place at CERN, in Geneva, and in partner scientific organisations worldwide, in Chile, South Africa, Brazil and India.
Connect invites one Swiss artist or collective to complete a 2-month residency at CERN in Geneva to immerse themselves in the Laboratory’s community, followed by 1 month remotely with the support of a scientific partner and the Arts at CERN team.
Connect invites proposals:
– from artists interested in a cross-disciplinary approach and a strong motivation for scientific thinking.
– that combine a research period to be developed at CERN and a remote production phase to define a new artwork.
– that engage in close dialogue with scientists, engineers and staff at CERN.
– A production stipend of 15,000 CHF.
– Travel costs, living and accommodation expenses at CERN, in Geneva.
– A curated residency, dedicated time and space within the CERN’s community, support of a scientific partner, and the curation and mentoring of Arts at CERN curator and team.
For further information about the criteria and conditions of the call, the residency, the expectations of the artist, please read carefully the terms and conditions of the call via https://arts.cern/
Type: offering / offering
Deadline: Thursday 1 July 2021 at 00:00h