"PILOTENKUECHE" is an international art program based in Europe's boomtown Leipzig, Germany. The indipendent project is artist run with the aim to support artists.
Theproject invites within the “International Residency Program” selected artists from around the world tocome and work in the 465m² communally used, fully remodeled space for a period of three months, with 24h studio access. Each accepted artist is offered a partial stipend. We maintain engagements with several partners, and by introducing our artists to these, make it possible for participants to cooperate with and exhibit in other venues. Our concept encourages experimental strategies and embraces a trans-disciplinary ethos. In a group of around twelve international artists working in the space and two local artists participating on our program activities, a stimulating dialogue becomes vital in fostering an independent position in one's work, which leads to a long-term worldwide network that exists even after the program is over.
The Program activities consists of
• studio visits and open studio if the group is interested
• contact to the local art and cultural and szene,
• organized museum and gallery tours,
• scheduled art critiques,
• two group exhibitions in interesting venues.
The Studio space consists of:
• one furnished up to 36m² large space per artist in our 465m² large communal loft hall including wifi and all side costs (water, heating, energy, kitchen, toilet etc.)
• desk, little stroage space
• depends on the work of the artists, but two walls to work on
• large windows
• approximately twelve artists per month working in the space
• furnished shared tea kitchen with fridge, microwave, hotplate
• Common area
Participants receive all documentation necessary to apply for funding and the visa process. If required, the project can assist with additional individual reference letters. We’re looking for artists to participate on our program in the 46th round from January – March 2021
Deadline: Saturday 2 January 2021 at 23:00h
Deadline: Sunday 28 July 2019 at 12:00h
Type: offering / offering
Deadline: Sunday 29 November 2020 at 00:00h
Deadline: Tuesday 22 December 2020 at 12:00h
by Nesta Italia
Deadline: Monday 30 November 2020 at 00:00h