EXHIBITION, CONCERT, READING, STREET ACTIVITY, PARTY, PERFORMANCE, THEATRE PIECE, LECTURE, SCREENING, ETC.
JOB, WORKSHOP, INTERNSHIP, COLLABORATION PROJECTS, JOINING A BAND, RESIDENCY, WANTED PROFESSIONAL, ETC.
ARTWORK, PIECE OF MUSIC, VIDEO, PIECE OF POETRY, ILLUSTRATION, SERIES OF PHOTOGRAPHS, CORPORATE DESIGN, ETC.
We’re a young, Berlin-based clubwear brand, currently scouting for a freelance fashion designer. We’d like to start working with you on an irregular, hourly basis (approx. 5-10 hours a week), with the long term goal of becoming a part of the team as a full-time employee.
Requirements / Skills / Attributes we’re looking for:
- Completed studies or training in the textile sector with a focus on product development and preferably 1 to 2 years of professional experience in this or a related field
- Extensive knowledge of fashion design and trends
- Deep knowledge of silhouettes, cuts, fabrication, color use, pattern creation, sewing techniques with strong attention to detail
- Experience in design management and the ability to manage and react to change as well as strong critical thinking
- Proficiency in Adobe CC in general, and Illustrator in particular
- Proficiency in 3D modeling software such as CLO 3D, Rhino, Maya or similar
- Proficiency in administrative software such as MS Office, G Drive, Dropbox, etc.
- Be able to do fittings
- Be able to produce physical samples
- Have your own or access to a studio/workspace with a sewing machine
- Fluent in German and English
- Set a creative direction for the brand and new collections
- Managing the design process from the first draft to the final samples of the products up to the drop
- Creation of technical drawings, management of styles and style data, sample creation in cooperation with our partners
- Perform target group-oriented research and trend analysis
- Communicating with production partners and manufacturers about all relevant information required for the development process such as; sketches, detailed drawings, substance and ingredient information, artwork, etc.
- Sourcing and developing materials in cooperation with the manufacturer
- Ensuring an efficient communication flow between design, marketing, and production partners regarding all questions related to the product design
- Creating documents for distribution partners such as lookbooks, line sheets, etc.
About the brand:
twda is a progression from appreciation of club culture, discussing its openness to communicating its creativity other than through music. instead of a style, twda considers itself to be a sense or a sensation:
catching the madness and sadness of dancing, exhilarated but exhausted,
together but alone.
Send your portfolio and a short introduction about who you are as a person to email@example.com. We’ll be in touch with you shortly for an interview if we feel like we’d be a good fit.
Deadline: Saturday 2 January 2021 at 23:00h
Deadline: Sunday 28 July 2019 at 12:00h
Type: offering / offering
Deadline: Tuesday 11 February 2020 at 23:59h