We are looking for passionate candidates who are keen to establish a career in the festivals and music events industry.
What you will learn and be a part of
This is a great opportunity to be fully involved from the outset with the production of a well-established and exciting festival. You will learn the basic fundamentals of festival events during the months leading up to the Cork International Choral Festival. You will also be exposed to the management of all logistical needs including but not limited to box office, entertainment, catering, signage, audio/visual, gifts, etc. of festival events. The internship will involve pre-production planning (marketing/publicity), content creation for our website and social media accounts, copywriting, proof-reading. During the Festival days, you will be required to work on-site at our events (concerts, workshops, rehearsals) at different locations across Cork city and County.
Your strengths and interests include
- Interest and knowledge about the festival scene and/or choral music
- A quick-thinking, self-starter with the ability to multitask and willingness to take on projects
- Interest and some knowledge of digital marketing and social media
- Aware of the ‘all-hands on deck’ attitude required when working at events
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
About the Internship
3 month internship period: 30 hours per week + increased hours during festival days (28th April – 2nd May 2021), schedule to be agreed). This is an unpaid internship. We are flexible regarding working hours and start/end dates for the right candidate.
We will be working from our own offices in Civic Trust House on 50 Pope Quays, Cork.
Please email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 1st December 2020.
Deadline: Saturday 2 January 2021 at 23:00h
Deadline: Sunday 28 July 2019 at 12:00h
Deadline: Thursday 25 February 2021 at 23:00h