Dare to Dance in Public: #SixFootDistanceDances challenges dancers & choreographers to create a 1-minute site-specific dance film inside your home responding to the COVID-19 quarantine.
How do we dance in isolation… and how do we connect?
How do we create relevance dancing in the privacy of our own homes?
What do we feel while being physically limited by an invisible enemy?
In the face of COVID-19, we refuse to be stopped…
If anything, perhaps our creativity should be amplified!
So we challenge ourselves and we challenge you…
Conceptualize, choreograph, direct, art direct, & in all ways engage in the creation of a 1-minute or less site-specific dance film inside or outside of the privacy of your home.
Respond directly to the site!
Explore shooting coverage & employing multiple camera angles…. Experiment!
Use quick cuts, speed ramps… circle the dance, invite the camera inside of the dance and get inside the feeling of the dance… Avoid using only frontal coverage!
Feel free to express exactly how you feel about what you’re going through — what we’re all going through!
At the end of each week, we will select several one minute or less movies to post to our IG/FB, and will be selecting 6 winners to receive cash awards + coverage in Cultural Weekly!
Be whoever or however you want to be…
Be prepared to make it PUBLIC!
How to apply:
1) Post your film on Instagram/Facebook (if you are on social media)
2) Tag @dare2danceinpublic, Founder/Director @arrogantelbow & Associate Producer @zoe.rappaport
3) Send in $6 via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Make sure to include the social handles of you and/or anyone else involved (be it remotely or in person).
5) If you are not on social media, please e-mail your film to email@example.com
Deadline: Saturday 2 January 2021 at 23:00h
Deadline: Sunday 28 July 2019 at 12:00h