Disciplines: Art Curators
Location: All (However, Amant Foundation is located in the U.S. and will not sponsor a visa or other work authorization in connection with this position)
Application Fee: None
Participation Fee: None
Monetary: Salary is commensurate with experience.
✓ Cover Letter
Amant is an international private arts organization. It fosters artistic experimentation and dialogue across disciplines. In New York it offers studio residencies, exhibitions, performances, and public programs to those working within the creative field. It participates in cultural partnerships while encouraging community engagement through programming that explores and expands the field of contemporary art and culture.
Amant strives to create an organization that both lessens obstacles and provides supports to those who wish to contribute their time and energy to its mission. We believe that an inclusive and equitable workplace will better enable us to achieve our mission.
Amant is looking for a Public Program Curator and Residency Coordinator to develop and implement Amant New York residencies and public programs. You will oversee the daily operations of the residencies and all related public programs and events, including but not limited to talks, workshops and film screenings. This position reports directly to the Artistic Director.
• Curating and coordinating with Artistic Director a series of talks, workshops, film screenings, seminars and other types of public and educational events that will form the backbone of the Amant Residency in New York.
• Develop and contribute, in collaboration with the Amant team, to the Foundation’s other public programming activities.
• Coordinate Artist in Residence selection process.
• Communicate daily with artists-in-residency, actively seeking feedback from them.
• Schedule critiques and open studios with regional and international art professionals for artists-in-residency,
• Introduce and facilitate access to scholars and research centers to the residents.
• Program the stay for residents: arrange travel, provide on-site support and access to materials, resources etc.
• Develop annual strategy for Amant Residency in NY in collaboration with Artistic Director and Founder/CEO.
• Develop programs and initiatives regionally and internationally to grow Amant Residency’s network, expanding the mission of the program through collaborations with other institutions and universities.
• Work alongside Artistic Director, advising on all not-for-profit partnerships and collaborations for the NY Residency Program
• Advise on possible partnerships with community members and institutions.
• In coordination with the curatorial team, produce website content, social media and press for the NY Residency Program
• Develop a platform which will hold all records of the residents and form the basis of a future Residency’s public archive.
• Assist Communications Coordinator in creating and maintaining program recordkeeping and mailing database.
• Assist Operations Manager with the budget and expenditures for Amant New York Residency and Programs.
Ideal Candidates will have:
• Master’s in Art History or Curatorial Studies, with a focus in Contemporary Art.
• 5 or more years’ experience in contemporary arts programming.
• Deep knowledge of contemporary art and artists.
• Demonstrated creativity in developing programs that engage a broad public.
• Experience working with interdisciplinary artists (and researchers) in Residence.
• Editorial skills including copy editing and photo editing.
• Familiarity with assisting practitioners with their needs in different fields.
• Familiarity with the grant writing process.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a small team environment.
• Ability to research answers and solve problems independently.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Knowledge of a second language is highly desirable.
• Comfort with public speaking.
• Intermediate or advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Familiarity with database systems.
Preferred candidates will have past experience working in a non-profit arts environment, preferably in organizing public and educational programs.
This is full-time position. Early mornings, evenings, and weekends will be a part of the work schedule intermittently throughout the year depending on programming and project needs.
Amant Foundation will not sponsor a visa or other work authorization in connection with this position.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
14th of Februrary 2021
Amant will contact only those applicants they are interested in interviewing via email.
Post an Opportunity on ArtConnect
Have an open call you would like to share on ArtConnect? There are two ways to create a post:
(1) Become part of the ArtConnect community. It’s free to sign up and upload your open calls.
(2) No time for signing up? No problem, tell us about your opportunity and for a small fee we will publish it on ArtConnect for you. No signup necessary. Go here to get started: newpost.artconnect.com
Opportunity by Open Calls
Opportunity by Open Calls
Opportunity by Open Calls
Deadline: Saturday 2 January 2021 at 23:00h
Deadline: Sunday 28 July 2019 at 12:00h
Deadline: Thursday 25 February 2021 at 23:00h