Hangar launches a photographic mission open to artists confined in Europe, on the theme “the world within”. Selected photographers will be exhibited during PhotoBrussels Festival 05.
Mission: experiencing confinement :
The vast majority of the European continent is undergoing extraordinary circumstances of deprivation of freedom and enduring unforeseen hardship. The photographic mission consists in creating a new series of images telling something about the experience of confinement.
The objective is to see how artists can present their vision of “the world within” through a positive lens, bursting the quarantine universe. This capsule of confinement natures the seeds of human resilience. Creativity, empathy, love, reflection, sense of humor and the inspiration of nature: proven principles that boost our immune response, a speedy recovery, and may lead us to a better world “after”.
This venture is also designed to support photographers by offering them high visibility (exhibition, publication, traveling exhibition, etc.). Also, a total fund of 30 000€ will be shared between the selected photographers and the winner of the “Coup de coeur Leica” will be granted a Leica Q2 (value: 4 990€).
The jury is composed of European experts in photography (www.hangar.art/call-for-photographers).
Conditions for participation:
- experiencing/living the lockdown in a European country;
- being over the age of majority (18+);
- being a photographer or an artist using photography (and/or video);
- who can demonstrate a track record of professional practice as an artist.
- Selected photographers will get their work in front of an international network of professionals;
- Selected photographers will be part of PhotoBrussels Festival 05 (PBF05): exhibition in Brussels, traveling exhibition in Europe;
- Selected photographers will have their work published in the exhibition catalogue;
- Production cost of the works included in the exhibition will be covered;
- A total fund of 30 000€ will be shared between the selected photographers (15 to 30 laureates will be selected by the jury);
- In addition to the fund, the winner of the “Leica coup de coeur”, chosen among the previously selected photographers, will be granted a Leica Q2 (valued at 4 990€);
- Selected works will be presented for sale during the exhibition and on our online platform;
- Accommodation for the international artists for two nights is offered.
☛ Registration deadline
30 May 2020
☛ Submission of portfolios
Between 01 June and 30 June 2020
• Selection by the jury
• Announcement of the selected photographers
25 July 2020
• Curatorial and scenographic decisions
• Exhibition (PhotoBrussels Festival 05)
20 November - 20 December 2020
Deadline: Saturday 2 January 2021 at 23:00h
Deadline: Sunday 28 July 2019 at 12:00h
by ArtMaze Mag
Type: offering / offering
Deadline: Friday 14 August 2020 at 23:00h