A call to artists for submissions: They/He/She

Deadline:
in 8 days
Rewards:
Fees:
Yes
Overview
This is a dark time for the LGBTQIA+ community. Lawmakers across the country are trying to write us out of existence. But we know we’ve always been here and we always will be here. We also know that what we do in dark times is organize, care for each other, and make art. Subway posters, ball culture, underground theater, and countless paintings and sculptures snuck into the art world’s strongest bastions behind their backs and under their noses have been our lifeline and our way through dark times like these. This pride month, the Brooklyn Waterfront Artists Coalition (BWAC) presents our first exhibition dedicated to queer and trans artists from across the country. All members of the LGBTQIA+ community are invited to participate. The artist will retain 70% of any sale of their work. The other 30% will be donated to the Ali Forney Center. The mission of the Ali Forney Center is to protect homeless Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning youths from the harms of homelessness and empower them with the tools needed to be independent. The BWAC galleries live on two floors of a massive Civil War‐era warehouse on the Red Hook waterfront in Brooklyn, NY. -All artwork in any medium is welcome -Artwork must be framed and ready to hang. -This is NOT an auction. The price must be at least $100 minimum or more for this fundraiser. -All pieces must be labeled on the backside with the artist's name and title of the piece. -Selected artwork will be posted on Artsy, so give us your best images, please! The fee for submissions is $35 for up to 5 artworks. The deadline for submissions is midnight on May 29. Acceptance into the show is subject to the curator and notification will be sent out on June 1. Accepted artwork must be hand-delivered on Friday, June 10, Saturday, June 11, or Sunday, June 12, or shipped to arrive during the period of Wednesday, June 8, Thursday, June 9, or Friday, June 10 ONLY. Shipped artwork is subject to an additional $45 processing fee and must include prepaid return postage.
Eligibility
Rewards
Cost
Required Documents
Contact

A call to artists for submissions: They/He/She

Related Opportunities
Sorry, no results matching your criteria. Maybe you find these interesting
Memberships
For Artists
ArtConnect
ImprintTerms and conditionsPrivacyCookie PolicyCopyright © 2021 artconnect.com