Schedule: 4 Days per Week
Role: Freelance Production Manager
Duration: Permanent Position with 3 Months Trial Period
The Studio Production Managers operates in production and installation of neon artworks, events and marketing material. The role encompasses planning all stages of production, communicating with partners, clients, freelancers and vendors, holistically overseeing the design of every artwork. Implementing every detailed aspect of the project and working with photographers to document each project upon completion. Additionally, they create in developing budgets and categorising expenses, working closely to the Studio Managerial team. The Production Manager works roles and responsibilities include all of the following:
• To develop the framework of each project: deliverables, legal (client sales/loan agreements) design planning, content and production scope (deadlines). Obtain quotes and analyse past project budgets in order to create new ones.
• Deploy a creative brief framework and process that is appealing to partners and informative for neon producers, freelancers and installers
• Create technical drawings, sketches and renders of projects for the Artist, client and vendors - On Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketchup and Auto CAD.
• Prioritise goals, maintain and manage deadlines whilst simultaneously working on multiple projects.
• Handling and installing artworks which includes the use of hand and power tools, basic electrical wiring and 3D thinking
• Produce project budget forecasts and design and research process for each artwork/ installation. Implement rough sketches provided by artist and determine the parameters & technical details.
• Manage outside vendor relationships, contracts and deliverables.
• Work closely with the Artist to research and source materials, production processes and design development for artwork production and installation.
• Communicate invoice information to the administration team and prepare budgets for client. Communicate deliverables to studio management for contract drafting.
• Work with Artist to maintain creative standards that are on-brand and adhere to an excellent aesthetic quality.
• Manage project documents and files. Upon completion of project submit all invoices to bookkeeper and re-organize/ file all photos and drawings
• Cor-ordinate and oversee all crating and international shipment of artworks
Qualifications & Skills
• College /University degree in Design, Production Design, Visual Communications, Architecture or related degree. Applicant may be in process of completing a degree.
• Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite, 3D / CAD drawing.
• Experience in artwork and lighting installation - E.g experience with hanging prints, setting up lights and electrical skills is a plus.
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with vendors and crafts people, as well as with upper management
• The job is primarily in English, however German language skills are an advantage as you will need to speak with German speaking vendors, clients, couriers, installation teams etc.
• Demonstrated ability to self-prioritise and execute with minimal supervision, while also leading by example.
• Proven experience managing schedules and requirements to implement desired features.
• Proactive in finding new ways to problem solve and find solutions. Self-motivation, positive attitude, and initiative.
• Proven conflict management and evaluation, mitigation and risk resolution.
• Attention to detail, while being able to rise above to see the bigger picture.
What we offer
• Opportunity to work alongside an international artist
• Inspiring and multifaceted working atmosphere
• Opportunity to join at a critical point in the establishment of the studio
• Pay rate: Negotiable; based on experience
If this sounds interesting to you, then please send your CV, Portfolio and a brief Cover Letter introducing yourself to email@example.com stating “Studio Production Manager Application” on the subject heading as well as the following:
Only qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview
Deadline: Saturday 2 January 2021 at 23:00h
Deadline: Sunday 28 July 2019 at 12:00h
by ArtMaze Mag
Type: offering / offering
Deadline: Friday 14 August 2020 at 23:00h