EXHIBITION, CONCERT, READING, STREET ACTIVITY, PARTY, PERFORMANCE, THEATRE PIECE, LECTURE, SCREENING, ETC.
JOB, WORKSHOP, INTERNSHIP, COLLABORATION PROJECTS, JOINING A BAND, RESIDENCY, WANTED PROFESSIONAL, ETC.
ARTWORK, PIECE OF MUSIC, VIDEO, PIECE OF POETRY, ILLUSTRATION, SERIES OF PHOTOGRAPHS, CORPORATE DESIGN, ETC.
Professional development programme for emerging female visual artists
The Goldrausch Künstlerinnenprojekt has been run by Goldrausch Frauennetzwerk e. V. since 1989. It was founded to counteract the structural discrimination of female visual artists in exhibitions and on the art market.
Now more than ever, it is not enough to just make good art!
Broad professional knowledge and expertise are necessary in order to be successful and visible in the public domain. Therefore it is our aim to promote women who pursue their career as freelance artists, helping them gain further practical knowledge and creating a public arena for their work.
The programme is tailored specifically to meet the objectives of the participants. The participants’ artistic practice is the departure point of our training. The course combines practical tasks with insights into the art world, training of presentation techniques and communication strategies. The seminars are led by experienced art historians/producers. Guests include curators, gallery owners, artists and other experts who impart subject-specific knowledge at eye level. With more than 400 Alumnae and an ever growing network, Goldrausch Künstlerinnenprojekt offers a profound basis.
- admits 15 female visual artists per year
- runs for 12 months (end of January to December)
- meets on a weekly basis, Thursday and Friday, plus 3 - 4 intensive weeks
- works with a changing, external jury of experts for the admission of participants
We are looking forward to applications from female visual artists
- of any age and any nationality
- working in all disciplines
- preferably with a completed (arts) degree, or equivalent qualification
- with sufficient German language skills to follow discussions, contributions may be in English
- resident in Berlin
- with experience in artistic practice, specific goals and great motivation
- with the time and resources needed to work on concepts of communication and marketing while also working in the studio
- Analysis of the participant’s current position and aims of artistic practice
- Training of verbal and work presentation
- Self-employment: tax, financing, copyright - what should women know?
- Berlin’s art scene: excursions, seminars, discussions, contacts
- Planning and realisation of personal website and a catalogue brochure
- Final group exhibition in autumn
Applications for participation in 2020
Deadline: 15. September 2019
Find all details online: goldrausch-kuenstlerinnen.de/en/modalities
Deadline: Saturday 2 January 2021 at 23:00h
Deadline: Sunday 28 July 2019 at 12:00h