Each year, The Power of the Arts awards four projects put forward by non-profit institutions and creative artists with each 50,000 euros. Awardees use the medium of art, music, theater, and dance to advocate for social and cultural equality as well as understanding among all people.
An independent jury selects the projects:
- Dr. Hans-Jörg Clement (Head of Culture Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung e.V.)
- Chris Dercon (designated Artistic Director Volksbühne Berlin)
- Ralf Fücks (Executive Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung e.V.)
- Kübra Gümüsay (Publicist and activist)
- Erika Hoffmann (Sammlung Hoffmann)
- Lamya Kaddor (Author, Islamic scientist and publicist)
- Nikeata Thompson (Choreographer and Dancer)
Project submissions and information on the open call at www.thepowerofthearts.de.
The Power of the Arts is an initiative from Philip Morris GmbH with the International Giving Foundation founded by Deutsches Stiftungszentrum im Stifterverband, netzwerk junge ohren e.V., Boros GmbH and Bureau N. It is held annually and represents a continuation of Philip Morris GmbH’s long tradition of social and cultural involvement.