EXHIBITION, CONCERT, READING, STREET ACTIVITY, PARTY, PERFORMANCE, THEATRE PIECE, LECTURE, SCREENING, ETC.
JOB, WORKSHOP, INTERNSHIP, COLLABORATION PROJECTS, JOINING A BAND, RESIDENCY, WANTED PROFESSIONAL, ETC.
ARTWORK, PIECE OF MUSIC, VIDEO, PIECE OF POETRY, ILLUSTRATION, SERIES OF PHOTOGRAPHS, CORPORATE DESIGN, ETC.
ART GRANT WRITING SEMINAR and WORKSHOP
20 & 21 January 2018
Early bird registration date: 15 January 2018
Who is afraid of making funding applications?
GRANT DIAGNOSIS SEMINAR (20 January)
This is simply a crash course that will give you the main perspective and tools to make a competitive grant application. In this seminar you will be instructed step by step through the narrative structure of a grant application. You will learn formulating your project description and artist statement. Additionally, you will explore the ways of finding the suitable German and International application calls for your project/artwork.
Working topics include:
On Funding Bodies
– Understanding Funding Bodies
– Decision process in funding application evaluations
– List of grant givers
– Places to find grant givers
– Getting over your writing blockage
– Structure of funding applications
– Creating a project description
– Writing your artist statement
– Key elements, tips and tricks for a successful application
OPERATION WORKSHOP (21 January)
This is a hands-on grant writing workshop for artists, artistic projects and applications for residency programmes. The workshop aims at preparing you to submit better applications to the up-coming open calls. It is for applicants who want to develop their existing grant writing skills. Throughout Module #1 you will have to the opportunity to learn how to create a timeline and an efficient budget, and in Module #2 you will be able to exchange ideas and views with your peers, polish your application, and get equipped for your upcoming proposals.
Working topics include:
Time, Budget, Tips and Tricks
– A focused timeline
– Focused and realistic budgeting
– Tips and tricks to avoid emergency expenditure
– Working with a sample application
Hands-on Application Operation
– Requirements for a good proposal
– Making yourself a strong applicant
– Enriching and polishing your content
– Working on your application – peer evaluation
Deadline: Saturday 2 January 2021 at 23:00h
Type: offering / offering
Deadline: Sunday 28 July 2019 at 12:00h