Sophie’s Secret Postcard Auction will open on eBay on Wednesday at midday (June 17) and run for 10 days only,
• Each lot having a starting bid of just £1.
• Features over 1100 original postcard-sized artworks created and donated by incredible artists
• Famous authors and Illustrators and outstanding contemporary artists & printmakers have donated incredible work include; Sir Quentin Blake, Axel Scheffler, Liz Pichon, Thomas Taylor, Jennifer Anderson, Susanne de Toit, Carne Griffith, Kate Brinkworth, Luke Martineau, Ian Murphy and the tv celebrity Harry Hill.
• See the ‘secret’ blog for further artists https://www.sophiespostcard.com/artists2020
• The first postcards go on eBay at midday on Wednesday 17th June. All will end between midday and 10pm on Saturday 27th June.
St Richard’s Catholic College has been preparing for #sophiespostcard2020 for the last year and has had a phenomenal response to the call for artwork. The deadline to send artwork has ended with the college receiving over 1100 original postcard sized artworks for the secret art auction which goes live on eBay this week.
All proceeds will go to The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity in memory of Sophie Maria Taylor who died in 2017 when she was Year 8 at the college. Sophie would have been leaving the college this summer as a beautiful, talented and successful young lady and #sophiespostcard2020 is a way to mark her memory and her love of the Arts.
Artists from around the globe have sent wonderful artwork from Australia to the Ukraine, USA to the Netherlands and everywhere in between. So many wonderful artists have donated work for this very special fundraiser in Sophie’s memory. There has also been a phenomenal show of support and goodwill from the talented amateur and professional artists here in East Sussex, as well as a number of postcards from talented young students. There is a ‘secret’ artist blog where some of the contributors are revealed but the artwork will remain a secret until after the bidding ends.
Coordinator, Miranda Pennington said “On behalf of everyone at St Richard’s Catholic College, the Royal Marsden Cancer Charity and Sophie’s family, I’d like to say a big thank you and hope you enjoy taking part in the auction.”
All the postcards can be seen in the online exhibition at www.sophiespostcard.com The secret art auction is held on eBay just look for ‘sophiessecretpostcard’. Please follow @strichardsart on Twitter and sophiessecretpostcard on Instagram for regular news updates and use the hashtag #sophiespostcard2020 to help promote the event on social media.
Contact Miranda Pennington firstname.lastname@example.org
St Richards Catholic College is raising funds in memory of former pupil Sophie Maria Taylor,
6th August 2004 to 5th April 2017, for The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity
at Via degli Aurunci 19
Saturday 17 July 2021 at 14:02h
at Veteranenstrasse 21
Friday 16 July 2021 at 17:00h
at Al Rusail Industrial Area
Saturday 24 July 2021 at 22:00h
at Dorotheenstraße 12
Thursday 15 July 2021 at 10:00h