Beginners life drawing course
Online Spring course and exhibition
March - May 2021
A two month course taking you from the basics of getting the proportions right to drawing portraits with confidence and ease. Great atmosphere and an inspiring studio experience. The course includes a curated exhibition of drawings created.
A two month long online drawing course that will take you from the basic principles of measuring right to drawing portraits with confidence and ease.
The class will be broadcast live from our studio every Tuesday with Tadeus leading and Gabriel modelling. There will be the option for you to watch it again with a private link. However, we do prefer attendance so that you can keep up with the course, homework, and one-on-one evaluations. You will work with the live model during each interactive session with the help of our tutors. It is highly recommended you attend the class with a monitor or larger screen. The weekly class is followed by a homework exercise emailed to you, to be completed before the next week and one-on-one mentoring session tailored to individual needs. The course ends with a curated exhibition of artworks at a local gallery and/or an online auction.
● Weekly 2 hour interactive class broadcast live from our studio
● Weekly individual 45 min evaluation and mentoring online
● Weekly homework exercises mailed out
● Curated exhibition of artwork at a local art gallery and/or online auction
● Follow up session one month after the course
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Over the course you will attain and develop new skills in drawing
● measuring - accurate proportions, foreshortening techniques.
● charcoal reduction - an expansion on light and tone using a master technique
● Composition - how to organise your drawing including paper format and size
● tonal value - understand your light source and measuring tonal values and accurately applying them
● building narratives - transcribing emotions and storytelling in our drawings.
The techniques taught are reinforced from class to class and layered with new techniques and advice as you progress.
1. Measuring foundation
2. Space and value
3. Light and tone
4. Structure and shading including cross hatching.
5. Charcoal reduction
6. Study of classical technique
7. Portrait a head and shoulders study focus
8. Atmosphere and narrative
● monitor, tv, beamer, screen or laptop
● sketchpad A3, 140 grm (ideally)
● willow charcoal and chalk
● Chinese ink and nr 8 brush
● masking tape
● board or table to work on / something to fix your drawing to
You will receive comprehensive list with links to a selection of materials after registration.
Dates: Mar 16, 2021 - May 4, 2021
Takes place every week, total of 8 sessions
at Knesebeckstrasse 96
Friday 3 September 2021 at 15:00h
at Riehentorstrasse 31
Sunday 5 September 2021 at 17:59h
at Revaler Str. 99
Saturday 11 September 2021 at 17:00h