EXHIBITION, CONCERT, READING, STREET ACTIVITY, PARTY, PERFORMANCE, THEATRE PIECE, LECTURE, SCREENING, ETC.
JOB, WORKSHOP, INTERNSHIP, COLLABORATION PROJECTS, JOINING A BAND, RESIDENCY, WANTED PROFESSIONAL, ETC.
ARTWORK, PIECE OF MUSIC, VIDEO, PIECE OF POETRY, ILLUSTRATION, SERIES OF PHOTOGRAPHS, CORPORATE DESIGN, ETC.
RESTART is looking for a highly self-motivated individual with prior knowledge working with refugees and work experience in the startup scene and/ or art business!
We are a very young organization and therefore, work in a small team. Your job is to actively shape the future of RESTART. Your everyday tasks will make a visible impact on the organization and the artists we represent. This year is crucial for us because we are actively looking for grants in order to reach artists all over Europe and become a self-sustaining social business.
You will work closely with Jonas, the founder of RESTART and will have an important role to play in the success of the organization. As soon as you are on board, we will look for grants to start the operations. Working at RESTART will be a unique experience. You will be able to bring your expertise and vision to a growing organization and take credit for your own work.
RESTART seeks to facilitate the integration of refugee artists by creating a platform to present their work. On top, we provide materials, organize workshops and work on giving access to studios. In the past year, RESTART has built a network of 30 artists, organized exhibitions, and exhibited work at Fusion Festival and Millerntor Gallery in Hamburg among others. Teams in Germany, Austria and the Netherlands are working closely with newcomer artists to provide them with independent income streams. Through on- and off-line sales, art lovers can directly support people in starting over again.
Remuneration: Unpaid, until funding is established
Duration: 6 months and longer
Type of contract: Ideally full-time
• Collaborate with other organizations and local artists
• Work on providing studio space to artists
• Allocate art materials
• Organize exhibitions
• Coordinate local groups
• Research grants
• Research potential donors
• Write grant applications
(German and English)
• Represent RESTART at events in Berlin
• Develop business plan
• Administrative tasks
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Fluency in English, knowledge of German or Arabic desirable
• Work experience in the field of (social) entrepreneurship or art business
• Creative, independent, sense of leadership and initiative
• Ability to think critically outside the box
• Strong organization skills and ability to multitask
• Flexible, adaptable
• Strategic thinking
• Analytical skills
WHAT WE OFFER
• Flexible working hours, with possibility for remote work
• Co-working space shared with other social organizations at Migration Hub Network
• Meaningful work for a young social enterprise where your contribution matters
• Small, creative team that encourages you to bring your ideas alive
• Mentoring programs
Please send your application and CV to
Project by Jonas Nipkow
Opportunity by Jonas Nipkow
Deadline: Saturday 2 January 2021 at 23:00h
Deadline: Saturday 30 September 2017 at 00:00h